APCA Documentation Index
Accessible Perceptual Contrast Algorithm
Simple Overview, QuickStart, and FAQ
These are intended for end users, and those interested in a plain language overview without a lot of the math & theory.
Maths! Vision Science! Photons on Parade!
- The base APCA-W3 formula in LaTeX math for your viewing and calculating pleasure.
- Regarding Exponents Some notes and explanation regarding the power-curve exponents.
- Standard Observer Model Draft standardized environment.
- Visual Contrast Draft Whitepaper (Work in progress)
- RepoList of the related satellite repositories.
- Important Change Notices mainly breaking changes listed here.
- How to Contribute help us if you can
- A License to calc.
- Minimum compliance to use “APCA” and related trademarks.
- APCA W3 Repository The W3 version for web content
- Bridge PCA Repository Bridge PCA - the WCAG 2 compatible version
- Color Parsley Repository Fast and easy color string parsing — a NodeJS dependency for many of the SAPC libraries.
THIS REPOSITORY, and apca-w3 ARE THE ONLY CANONICAL SOURCES OF APPROVED APCA CODE.
Got Questions? We Got Answers!
W3 Licensed Version_
APCA W3 Repository Please source all files for tools intended for WCAG 3 conformance from that specific repository. The files in this repository are part of other projects, and not necessary for WCAG 3 compliance.
Bridge PCA Repository Do you want to improve readability, but you are forced to used WCAG 2 contrast to the letter of a regulation? Then Bridge PCA is for you. It is backward compatible with WCAG 2, but using APCA technology.